From September 22nd through 25th, the 7th South American Catalytic Cracking Meeting was held in the city of Salvador, State of Bahia.
As shown in the graph below, the event was a success and was classified as excellent or very good by more than 85% of the audience (135 individuals) that answered the inquiry.
The event had the participation of experts in catalysts, operations, processing and in catalytic cracking projects from crude oil refining companies in South America and Caribbean Region, as well as guests from Europe and United States.
During three days new ideas and technologies were discussed covering the catalytic cracking area. In addition, other items were discussed among which are concerns regarding the environment and products' specifications and quality.
· Brazil: Petrobras (Refineries, Sede, SIX, CENPES), ANP, UFPR and REFAP S.A.;
· Argentina: YPF S.A., Petrobras Energía and Esso;
· Colombia: ECOPETROL;
· Cuba: QUIMIMPORT;
· Peru: Petroperu and REPSOL/YPF – Refinería La Pampilla;
· Uruguay: ANCAP;
· Venezuela: PDVSA;
· United States: Albemarle, UOP LLC, Buell Division of Fisher-Klosterman and Particulate Solid Research Inc.;
· Holland: Albemarle Catalysts and KiOR.
Themes discussed at the event
• FCC Catalysts: results and technological innovations
• Optimization and Troubleshooting
• Future of refining and integration with petrochemistry
• FCC technologies for renewable fuels and heavier crude oils
1st Latin American Hydroprocessing Meeting
For the first time, this year, under sponsorship of ALBEMARLE, we met with experts in the hydroprocessing area (35 participants).
In the Hydroprocessing meeting we had the presence of:
· Brazil: Petrobras (Refineries, Headquarters and CENPES)
· Argentina: YPF S.A.
· United States: UOP LLC
· Curaçao: Refinería Isla
· Chile: Pórtland S.A.
· Venezuela: PDVSA and PetroPiar.
Fábrica Carioca de Catalisadores S.A. is an international technology company that produces and provides solutions in catalysts and additives for the oil refinning industry.
As a joint venture, FCC S.A. joins the tradition and know-how of two world giants of the oil and petrochemical areas – Petrobras and Albemarle Corporation.