Between May and June, Fábrica Carioca de Catalisadores S.A. strived to highlight subjects linked to its responsible acting model, enlarging its Sustainability vision towards links of the production chain. From the performing of the Social environmental Responsibility Week to the inside disclosure of the Social Report 2007, corporative initiatives were modeled based on Ethos indicators of Corporate Social Responsibility which is the basic rule of the Corporation for the subject. Please check below and multiply this chain in favor of Sustainable Development.
Values, transparency, governance, clients and consumers
· To know more about the indicators, please consult the www.ethos.org.br siteIn June Fábrica Carioca de Catalisadores S.A. has launched the 5th edition of the Annual Social Report containing the listing and evaluation of all social actions developed for internal and external audiences in 2007. This year’s differential stems from the launching of the Catalyze trademark – the new icon of our responsible acting model – as well as in the adoption of the general parameters of the Ethos institute in the analysis of results. The Report has been conveyed to the Board and shareholders and its abstract will be published the next few weeks in www.fccsa.com.br.
Internal Audience and Suppliers
The Social Environmental Responsibility Week which occurred in the beginning of June has mobilized the labor force and was backed by partner organizations, such as the Environmental Interaction (Selective Garbage Collection), Markosul (labor force transportation) and chiefly the adhesion of Banco Real. Highlights:
· A Lecture kindly administered by Neubert Cecchetti, representative of the Banco Real Middle Market Board, which was opened to the labor force. At the opportunity, Mr. Neubert stressed the route designed by this financial institution for developing and disseminating its Sustainability Model.
· Ecological Walk at the Tijuca Forest (RJ), with 50 people among employees, hired workers and relatives of the labor force. At the beginning of the walk, the Emergencia Teatral Theater Group presented a sketch on the environment, creating a playful and interactive situation of environmental education.
· Delivery of Seedlings produced at the Tree Nursery of the corporation to the labor force and of the Inside the Environment Almanac to the children participating in the ecological walk
As a complement of these actions, in the beginning of July the Corporation will have internal training, aiming at multiplying the main concepts linked to Social Environmental Responsibility for the entire labor force.
Government and society
The surrounding community has also been bettered by the actions of the Social Environmental Responsibility Week
· Besides visits of local schools to the Tree Nursery of the corporation, Fábrica Carioca de Catalisadores S.A. has participated in the Live Nature Project, a partnership between the corporation, the State Rivers and Lagoons Administration Foundation (SERLA-RJ) and the Environment, Agriculture and Fishing Secretariat of the Itaguaí Municipality (RJ). The event included seedling delivery, environmental conscience development at a public space for local dwellers and further comprised re-seedling ciliary woods and recovery of the surrounding degraded area, both performed with the aid of local school children.
· For an additional consecutive year the corporation participated in the Ministry of Treasury Health and Environmental Fair (RJ) including a lecture on individual actions for minimizing global warming, delivery of seedlings and dissemination of information about organic composts.
· The NGO Light of the Future House, which integrates the Municipal Council of the Child and Adolescent Rights of Itaguaí (RJ) received Atlantic Forest seedlings produced at the corporation Tree Nursery, designed for an environmental action before the impoverished communities of the surroundings. In the context of the School Agenda 21 of the RJ state, seedlings were also delivered to an event having the participation of 800 RJ state students.
Further Highlights in this period
· The Inside the Environment Almanac Project which benefited from donations from the Rouanet Law has widened its working focus up to the Colégio de Aplicação da Universidade Estadual do Rio de Janeiro (UERJ) and to the Cozzolino School Technical School at the Magé (RJ) municipality.
· A visit of 17 representatives of huge Dutch companies to Fábrica Carioca de Catalisadores S.A. was arranged by the Maturi Social Ecology NGO. Visitors aimed at knowing the management processes of the corporation. The corporation was indicated by the Corporate Social Responsibility Committee of FIRJAN in view of its active participation and the acknowledgement of social actions developed.
In order to know more about the model of Responsible Acting of Fábrica Carioca de Catalisadores S.A, please access the link FCC S.A/Social Environmental Responsibility of the our site www.fccsa.com.br .
Fábrica Carioca de Catalisadores S.A. is an international technology company that produces and provides solutions in catalysts and additives for the oil refinning industry.
As a joint venture, FCC S.A. joins the tradition and know-how of two world giants of the oil and petrochemical areas – Petrobras and Albemarle Corporation.