For Fábrica Carioca de Catalisadores S.A., Health, the Environment and Safety (SMS) are VALUES to be permanently enhanced and incorporated in the day-to-day of leaderships and of the entire workforce.
To reach excellence in SMS, a shared commitment is necessary as well as a careful management process, which emphasizes the responsibility of each person in a basic rule: "no work is so urgent or important that it cannot be planned and executed with safety".
This is why the company adopts the FCC S.A. Safety Program (PS), which joints the success initiatives of the shareholders (Albemarle Catalisadores and Petrobras) to the experience of the plant itself. The PS is present in all areas of the company and is based on the following principles:
• Visible Commitment – all leadership levels must demonstrate that Health, the Environment and Safety (SMS) are VALUES through their attitudes, decisions and words.
• Line responsibility– all leadership levels are responsible for SMS issues in their areas.
• Deviations Management – every loss is ALWAYS preceded by one or more DEVIATIONS. Identification of the meaning of deviations preventively will permit blocking of the loss.
• Continuous Learning – continuous learning by persons and the organization is vital to reach excellence in SMS.
• Focus on human behavior – SMS excellence depends on the behavior and attitude of persons at all levels and performance areas.
Fábrica Carioca de Catalisadores S.A. is an international technology company that produces and provides solutions in catalysts and additives for the oil refinning industry.
As a joint venture, FCC S.A. joins the tradition and know-how of two world giants of the oil and petrochemical areas – Petrobras and Albemarle Corporation.